Indoor 2020-2021 Permission to Play Out-of-Zone Deadline Mon Sept 14
SYSI Rules & Regulations ~ Permission to Play Out-of-Zone / District Release
7.1 Players wishing to play Under-11, Under-13, Under-15, or Under-17 Division Premier/II/III, PSL may request special permission to play out-of-zone (PTPOZ); that is, in a zone other than one in which they are otherwise deemed resident.
7.2 To be eligible to apply for permission to play out-of-zone, a player must be registered with the participant organization of a zone in which they are otherwise deemed resident.
7.3 All divisions of Under-11 to Under-17 players residing within 100km of Saskatoon register with the zone in which the extended zone boundary lies. All players belonging to an outside SSA Member Organization within 100km radius of Saskatoon who wish to play outside of their designated home zone will need to supply the PTPOZ Form to the SYSI office as per sections 7.4 and 7.5.
7.4 A player or their legal guardian must make application for permission to play out-of-zone. Application is made by submitting an approved Request for Permission to Play Out-of-Zone form to the SYSI office. Once such form has been submitted the office the player is then eligible and encouraged to participate in both their home zone and requested zone player evaluations or tryouts. Attending both sets ensures the player has not missed evaluations in the case he or she has been granted or denied their request and will have a team to play on regardless of the decision.
7.5 Effective Outdoor 2019, PTPOZ process of approval or denial shall be handled solely between the home zone and the requested zone. The form is to be sent directly to the SYSI office who will then forward the request to the two applicable zone registrars. If the two zones disagree on granting the request the decision shall be in favour of the home zones decision.
7.6 The home zone and requested zone will consider the following in their deliberations:
- 7.6.1 Reasons for granting the requests may include:
- 22.214.171.124 There is no team in the players age group in the zone of registration.
- 126.96.36.199 Player numbers in the zone of registration are such that some players cannot reasonably be placed on teams.
- 188.8.131.52 Goalkeepers without an appropriate playing opportunity will be given special consideration with the approval of the zone with which they are registered.
- 184.108.40.206 Players that were unable (not unwilling) to play in the previous year and would, therefore, lose their eligibility to treatment under the Special Residency Rules.
- 220.127.116.11 A player has been subject to harassment or other inappropriate treatment by a team or coach and no other avenue is available to resolve the conflict. Prior to Committee deliberations in such a case, the zone of registration will be asked to provide information on action or options offered in attempting to resolve the conflict.
- 7.6.2 Reasons for denying the requests may include:
- 18.104.22.168 The player was not selected for a team in a desired division in zone of registration
- 22.214.171.124 A player wishes to play with other siblings or a specific coach.
- 126.96.36.199 A player wishes to play with friends/schoolmates.
- 188.8.131.52 A player wishes to rejoin teammates from a previous season.
- 7.6.3 Notwithstanding these guidelines, the zone may consider other relevant aspects of a request to play out-of-zone to ensure that the best interests of the player and the soccer community are served by its ruling.
- 7.6.4 The zone will consider a players wishes based on the available room in the zone which was requested.
7.7 Players who are granted permission to play out-of-zone shall attend player evaluations or tryouts. They will be deemed resident of the zone in which they have been granted special permission to play as long as the zone needs players and can accommodate them.
7.8 Permission to play out-of-zone is granted for one season only unless granted special permission by the home zone.
7.9 A player granted permission to play out-of-zone for more than one season might later choose to register with the participant organization of the zone in which the residence of their legal guardian is located. In doing so, they relinquish their permission to play out-of-zone approved status.
7.10 All players must be advised within 5 days once a decision has been made. The responsibility for advising such players lies with the home zone in which the player initially registered and is deemed resident. Failure to meet this responsibility may result in disciplinary action.
7.11 The player has a right to submit an appeal (see Appeals Process Section)